Single-Function: C2240, C2325, C2425, C2535, CS421, CS521, and CS622
Multifunction: CX421, CX522, CX622, CX625, MC2x25, MC2535, MC2640, XC2235, XC2240 and XC4240
The printer is having one of the following issues:
- Displaying 88.47 or 88.48 Replace Cartridge with toner level less than 80% and very few pages printed.
- Displaying 31.65T Replace Imaging Unit
- Displaying 33.65xx Non-genuine supply – Black and Color Imaging Kit
- Toner is accumulating inside the printer, in the paper tray, or on the surface below the printer
Determine which color of the toner is affected by:
Checking which color toner level is below 80% before any pages are printed.
Checking the message on the printer home screen: 88.47c = Cyan, 88.48y = Yellow, etc.
Or observing what color toner is accumulating inside the printer: cyan, yellow, magenta, black, or a combination appearing brown or purple.
Capture the supplies serial number by either:
Physically checking serial number from the label found on the toner cartridge and imaging unit. The serial number is printed on a white label below a barcode. It has the format CAS123456789.
Accessing the embedded web server (EWS) by keying the printer IP address on any browser, then access the supply information to check the imaging unit serial number.
If the issue persists, please refer to Still Need Help? section to contact Lexmark Technical Support.
Still Need Help?
Have the following available when calling Lexmark Technical Support;
- Printer model(s)
- Toner Cartridge part number and serial number
- Imaging unit/waste toner bottle part number and serial number
LEGACY ID: SO8857