Lexmark FW7.4 release notes (December 2020)
Base firmware: xxxAT.074.027, xxxBD.074.027, xxxBL.074.027, xxxBN.074.027, xxx.GM.074.027, xxx.GW.074.027, xxxMH.074.027, xxxPP.074.027, xxxSG.074.027, xxxZJ.074.027
READ THIS FIRST: Special notes and considerations
- Firmware downgrade warning:
- It is strongly recommended that a firmware downgrade is NOT performed.
- Downgrading firmware from newer major firmware ECs to older major firmware ECs will result in the loss of Apps, Security Features, and Settings.
- Contact Lexmark Technical Support and see KB Article SO8017 for more information on the impacts of downgrading.
- Ensure the firmware you download is the correct one for the product you have.
CUSTOMER RELEASE NOTES:
FW7.4, xxxAT.074.027, xxxBD.074.027, xxxBL.074.027, xxxBN.074.027, xxxGM.074.027, xxxGW.074.027, xxxMH.074.027, xxxPP.074.027, xxxSG.074.027, and xxxZJ.074.027 for the following devices
- Improved usability on 2.8 inch touchscreen devices
- Added opt-out model for data collection
Security Issues Addressed:
- Upgraded open source components to apply latest security patches
Field Issues Addressed and Other Improvements:
- Improvements to Universal Print: see KB Article SO8942
- Changes to improve wireless interoperability with legacy Arris/Hitron cable modem gateways
- Fix for a fax receive issue where devices would need to be rebooted to continue receiving faxes
- Add setting to disable “SMTP not setup” IR from being displayed over SNMP
- Resolved some memory leaks to improve device responsiveness