Properties in the title section above.
Printer remains in a busy state after printing a few IPDS jobs.
This issue is only true when:
- IPDS Timeout setting was set to other than Host Controlled
- Printer is running on FW4 and lower.
- PSFCFG Release Timer = *NOMAX
NOTE: IPDS has a delay after job (defined by IPDS Timeout setting and host PSFCFG) but unexpected too much delay will result to the issue.
- Access printer's embedded web server (EWS), navigate through IPDS Settings and then set IPDS Timeout = 15 seconds.
- Send IPDS jobs.
- Printer will print the jobs.
- After few minutes, printer is still on busy state waiting for IPDS jobs.
NOTE: Printer can still print IPDS jobs but cannot accommodate non-IPDS jobs since it has been locked up in the IPDS session.
Updating the printer firmware to the latest version will fix the issue. Go to the Lexmark support site, type your printer model and then download the latest firmware release. Refer to xref_HO550 _xref for the instructions in updating your printer's firmware.
NOTE: The issue is fixed from firmware level starting FW code xxxxx.041.220 to latest.
Still need help?
If you need additional assistance, please close this browser tab or go to the Lexmark support site, type your printer model and locate Get in Touch with Lexmark! for contact information.
NOTE: When calling for support, you will need the following:
- Name and version of the solution
- Affected printer model/s
- Printer serial number
Please be near the product/s described in this article to expedite the support process and reduce callbacks.
LEGACY ID: SO8729