Click Properties in the title section above.
What you will see
Cover page is not being sent when selecting cover page.
What else is known:
- PS UPD
- 64-bit Microsoft® Windows 10®
- 32-bit Microsoft Word®
Contact Lexmark Technical Support to request a version of the driver that addresses this issue. At the time of authoring, the version of UPD that addresses this issue is UPD PS3 v184.108.40.206.
This driver creates the cover page from the driver code rather than depending on Microsoft's StartPage(hDC) api.
Several factors lead up to this outcome:
- When cover page is enabled, the driver draws the cover page, and
- this adds an additional page to the print data, and
- when drawing this additional page, it is dependent on the Microsoft core driver, and
- this requires the UPD to make GDI calls to create the additional page, and
- Microsoft core driver generates postscript data based on these gdi calls, but
- when the driver makes a gdi startpage call on Microsoft provided hDC (printer device context),
- an invalid handle error is returned when printing from 32 bit Word in 64 bit OS.
If you need additional assistance, please close this browser tab or go to the Lexmark support site, type your printer model and locate Get in Touch with Lexmark! for contact information.
NOTE: When calling for support, you will need the following:
- Name and version of the solution
- Affected printer model/'s
- Printer serial number
Please be near the product/s described in this article to expedite the support process and reduce callbacks.
LEGACY ID: SO8543