Logs Gzip Compressed or logs.tar.gz contains a comprehensive list of logs required for escalation purposes and more in-depth troubleshooting.
This option can be accessed by:
- Typing the printer's IP Address followed by /se in the address bar of any web browser; e.g., Google Chrome, Firefox, IE etc. For example, http://192.168.1.2/se.
- Then click on Logs Gzip Compressed** link to save the file.
Here is a sample screen shot below:
Locating the Printer IP Address
Note: The IP Address is displayed on the printer's home screen by default. However, if it is NOT displayed, please follow either of the options below to locate the IP address:
- Depending on the printer model, on the printer control panel, navigate to:
Menu > Network / Ports > Standard Network > STD NET SETUP or STD Network Setup > TCP / IP > IP AddressOr
Settings > Network/Ports > TCP/IP > Set Static IP Address
- Depending on the printer model, print out the network setup page from the printer control panel by navigating to:
Menu > Reports > Network Setup Page, and locate the IP Address on the printed sheet.Or
Settings > Reports > Network > Network Setup Page and locate the IP Address on the printed sheet.
Collecting Gzip Logs to a Thumbdrive
Newer devices support exporting the Gzip Logs to a USB thumbdrive in cases where the device is not network connected.
Depending on the printer model, on the printer control panel, navigate to:
- Menu > Settings > General Settings > Export Compressed Logs FileOr
- Settings > Device > About this Printer > Export Compressed Logs to USB
Note: If your device does NOT belong to any of the supported printers mentioned above, proceed with the individual logs required that are specific to your issue.
LEGACY ID: FA958