Single-Function: M1342, MS33x, MS43x, B3340, B3442
Multifunction: MX33x, MX43x, MB3442, MB3442i, XM1342
There are visible vertical line(s), streak(s), or void(s) depicted on the printouts.
Print Defect Sample:
Ensure the paper loaded in the tray is a supported media.
Print the following printer internal pages.
- Menu Settings Page (MSP): Press > Settings > Reports > Menu Settings Page
- Print quality troubleshooting page: Press > Settings > Troubleshooting > Print quality test pages
From the MSP, check whether the supply levels (toner cartridge and imaging unit) are low and need replacement.
Remove the supplies (toner cartridge and imaging unit) from the printer.
Separate the toner cartridge from the imaging unit.
Inspect the supplies and replace if necessary.
- Check the surface of the developer roller for any lines, marks or streaks. Replace the toner cartridge if necessary.
- Check the surface of the charge roller for any lines, marks or streaks. Replace the imaging unit if necessary.
Disable Quiet mode to improve the print quality output.
- Press and navigate to Settings > Device > Maintenance > Config Menu > Device Operations > Quiet Mode then set it to Off.
Still Need Help?
Have the following available when calling Lexmark Technical Support;
- Printer model(s)
- Printer serial number
- Toner/imaging unit part number and serial number
- Printer reports page (Menu Settings Page)
- Print quality samples
LEGACY ID: SO8885