Properties in the title section above.
What you will see
Pick failure by the MPF's D-roller results in a 240.06C error.
What else is known:
- Error seen after three retries
- Occurs regardless of stack height
- Seen mostly with LTR and A4 sizes (testing environment)
- Pick slips with no movement of the paper
- Input sensor never reached
A firmware change will be implemented to increase the D-roll's number of turns to two for each retry. This will give the D-roll a total of 6 turns – 2 X 3 retries – and increase the likelihood of a successful pick.
NOTE: Current firmware provides one turn on each retry.
Make sure media weight is within specification.
Fan media to remove dog ears or edge welds. This also helps prevent sheets from sticking together.
Verify paper level in tray is below max fill line.
Verify side guides in tray are set to correct media size and not too loose or too firm.
Make sure the paper isn't wavy, curled, or damaged. If so, flip the stack or replace it.
Select a different tray source.
If using short-grain paper, try to replace paper with long-grain equivalent.
Still need help?
If you need additional assistance, please close this browser tab or go to the Lexmark support site, type your printer model and locate Get in Touch with Lexmark! for contact information.
NOTE: When calling for support, you will need the following:
- Affected printer model/s
- Printer serial number
Please be near the product/s described in this article to expedite the support process and reduce callbacks.
LEGACY ID: SO8493
Audience: ‘Lexmark’ only
Several contributing factors can lead to this error:
- Condition of the media
- Improper loading of media
- Design characteristics of the MPF tray
- Unwanted resistance due to close tolerances between the D-roller and idler rollers
- D-roller's serrations – D-roller picks on the edge of the paper versus the surface of the paper
Illustration: Possible unwanted resistance (line-to-line tolerance between D-roller tire and idler tires)
LEGACY ID: SO8493