Properties in the title section above.
The following conditions may delay the sensor trigger that causes the printer firmware to interrupt the process and post the 280.15 paper jam.
- ADF Mechanical Deskew is set to "AUTO"
- ADF tray side guides are not well set or loose
- Leading edge of the media is crooked.
These steps below will help prevent the jam from occurring.
Properly set the ADF tray guides and make sure to put the media straight with no gaps.
Disable the Auto-Deskew by performing these steps:
- Touch Settings from the printer home screen.
- Access the printer's Configuration Menu.
- Scroll down and navigate through Scanner Configuration > ADF Deskew.
- Change the ADF Mechanical Deskew value from Auto to Off.
Note: This will ignore sensor trigger and delay in signals so there will be no interruption done by printer firmware, however, this may cause skewed image on the copy/scan.
Should the error persist, update the printer firmware. Please contact Lexmark Technical Support to acquire the firmware fix for the issue.
Note: The Lexmark representative might ask for the printer's current firmware level. Please refer to xref_Check_xref for the steps. Once you obtain the file, you may proceed and update the firmware by following the steps from xref_Update_xref.
If you need additional assistance, please close this browser tab or go to the Lexmark support site, type your printer model and locate Get in Touch with Lexmark! for contact information.
NOTE: When calling for support, you will need the following:
- Name and version of the solution
- Affected printer model/s
- Printer serial number
Please be near the product/s described in this article to expedite the support process and reduce callbacks.
LEGACY ID: SO8562