Properties in the title section above.
- Toner coverage is blotchy and inconsistent.
- Toner starvation is seen on the printed page.
- The top area of the page is darker than the sheet's bottom area.
- Print appears to be very faint in areas.
- Residual ghost characters or images from a previously printed page are visible.
Check in this order:
- Use of non-genuine Lexmark Supplies such as refilled cartridges or supplies sold as compatible with Lexmark products.
NOTE: Use of Non-Lexmark supplies can result in damage to printer components and in multiple failures, including degraded print quality within the system; i.e., the effects of using such non-Lexmark supplies are not limited to the imaging unit, printhead, fuser, transfer system, and paper feed reliability.
- Frequent 31.46 or 31.66 Reinstall Missing or Unresponsive Toner Cartridge/Imaging Unit errors. See xref_TE513 _xref for additional troubleshooting information.
- Storage of supplies or use of the printer outside normal environmental limits for temperature and humidity.
Storage and operation limits:
- Temperature: 16 to 32°C (60 to 90°F)
- Humidity: 8 to 80% Relative Humidity
- Altitude: 0 – 2896 Meters (9,500 Feet)
Still need help?
If you need additional assistance, please close this browser tab or go to the Lexmark support site, type your printer model and locate Get in Touch with Lexmark! for contact information.
NOTE: When calling for support, you will need the following:
Affected printer model/'s
- Printer serial number
- Toner/imaging unit/waste toner bottle part number and serial number.
Please be near the product/s described in this article to expedite the support process and reduce callbacks.
LEGACY ID: SO8558