Microsoft Windows 8 'Scan to Network' App Support
The Scan to Network (SNF Basic and Premium) solution has been confirmed to work with Windows 8 network shares; however, you may need to upgrade your device firmware if you own an older device.
NOTE: For Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, or Windows Server 2012 R2 operating systems, you will need to install the update rollup 2887595 from Microsoft*. Please click here for more details.
* The third-party product discussed in this article is manufactured by companies that are independent of Lexmark. Lexmark makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.
The following printers* automatically support Windows 8 shares:
- MX812; XM7170; XM7170X
- MX811; XM7163; XM7163X
- MX810; XM7155; XM7155X
- MX711; XM5170
- MX710; XM5163
- MX611dhe; XM3150
- MX611de; XM3150
- MX511dxh; XM1145
- CX510; XC2132
* eTask equipped printers capable of running the SNF app.
Firmware Update Required
What you will see
Scanning to a Windows 8 share results in a file size of 0 bytes. This is due to the SMBclient not adding a one byte padding before the message.
To resolve this issue, please contact Lexmark Technical Support and request the code levels listed below.
- X46x Series: LR.BS.P645 or later
- X65x Series: LR.MN.P647 or later
- X73x Series: LR.FL.P646 or later
- X86x Series: LP.SP.P642 or later
- X54x Series: LHS23.VK.P278 or later
- X74x Series: LHSC3.NY.P278 or later
- X79x Series: LHS23.MR.P278 or later
- X92x Series: LHS23.HK.P278 or later
- X95x Series: LHS23.TQ.P278 or later
- 6500e scanner equipped model printers: LHS.JR.P278 or later
NOTE: An x denotes any model in a given model Series. This applies to the current release of SNF (v3.5.0).
Still Need Help?
If you need additional assistance, please close this window, go to your product's support page and locate Get In Touch with Lexmark! for contact information.
NOTE: In order to expedite the support process, please be prepared to provide information regarding your issue, e.g., name and version of solution, problem description, and affected printer models.
Additional information may be requested by the support agent.