What does Rosetta enable?
- Rosetta 2 enables a Mac with Apple M1 silicon to use apps built for a Mac with an Intel processor. All new Mac Operating systems are tied with this M1 hardware will support Intel-based application through Rosetta.
What is Rosetta?
- Rosetta 2 is an emulator software designed to bridge the transition between Intel and Apple processors. In short, it translates apps built for Intel so they will run on Apple Silicon.
Is Rosetta required for Lexmark?
- Yes, installing Lexmark’s Intel-based driver in Apple Silicon device (M1) requires users to install Rosetta.
How does Lexmark’s customer know whether Rosetta is installed or not?
Is there a plan from Apple to remove Rosetta support from macOS?
- Apple has not announced the date for Rosetta removal and no further information is available at this time.
Are Lexmark drivers supported on Mac M1 devices without Rosetta?
- Currently, we are developing drivers which can work independently without Rosetta in Apple M1 devices and will be available in Lexmark’s Drivers and Download page, once it is ready.