Setting up Gmail SMTP server with App Password
Note: 2FA (2 Factor Authentication) does not work with the SMTP server setup for Lexmark devices.
Make sure to use the following settings in the Email Setup of the Printer.
- SMTP Gateway: smtp.gmail.com
- Primary SMTP Port: 465
- Secondary SMTP Gateway: leave it blank
- Secondary SMTP Gateway port: 587
- SMTP Timeout: 30
- Use SSL/TLS: Required
- Require Trusted Certificate: Uncheck (this option is checked by default)
- SMTP Server Authentication: Login/Plain
- User-Initiated Email: Use Device SMTP Credentials
- Device User ID: End users e-mail address for Gmail
- Password: Follow the instructions found in this link to create an App Password for the printer.