Upon installation of a brand-new genuine Lexmark toner cartridge, a ‘32.52 Replace Unsupported Cartridge’ error message displays on the touch screen's status bar. To clear it or identify a service requirement, follow the steps below.
Note: If you succeed in resolving this issue at any stage during the procedure, you do not need to perform the remaining steps.
Do the following before updating printer or MFP firmware .
- If you are using a brand-new genuine Lexmark toner cartridge, install the cartridge properly and completely close the toner access door.
- Make sure that the toner cartridges are not damaged or defective.
- Confirm that the cartridge is an original Lexmark toner cartridge and that it has not been refilled or refurbished in any way.
- Make sure to update the printer’s firmware to the latest version.
Update the printer firmware to E402 or the latest level.
Note: If the printer is in a "32.52 Replace Unsupported Cartridge" error state, you will need to place the printer into an "Invalid Engine" mode to allow the firmware update. To do so, power off the printer, then hold the 3, 4, and 6 (E-N-G) keys until the printer boots. An Invalid Engine Code message should display on the control panel.
Ensure that the customer went through all of the customer-level checks before proceeding with the service. If issue persists after performing the steps mentioned above, try the following suggestions below.
When receiving a call from a Service Technician or an end-user regarding this issue, first verify that the customer has a genuine Lexmark toner cartridge by checking the supplies part number.
In order to prevent the 32.52 error from happening again, please ask the customer to update their firmware to E402 or the latest level.
- If the customer is using a genuine Lexmark cartridge and is locked out of the printer, the said supplies can be used in another machine if the customer has more than one Lexmark CS/CXx10 device.
- Make sure code is updated to E402 or later before swapping cartridges, because the cover popping open could lock out yet another cartridge. Please note that the code update will not “unlock” the cartridge. It will still be locked out of the original machine.
- If the customer does not have another machine to swap cartridges with, please send the customer a new cartridge of the corresponding color to replace the cartridge that is displaying the “unsupported cartridge” error.
Should there be additional concerns or questions, contact the next level of support for further diagnosis.