What you will see
The printer stops printing and posts a 242.42 Paper Jam Error.
The Paper Tray is closed with stripped paper in paper path. This will happen if the paper tray is overfilled, causing the paper to be pushed up into the paper path.
Follow the recommendations below to avoid or minimize the occurrence of 242.42 paper jam.
|Proper media loading
- Make sure the tray is not overfilled. Use the level indicator found in the tray.
- Tray 1 level indicator
- Verify if the Media Size & Type Setting matches actual paper size & type loaded.
- Make sure the tray guides are set correctly.
- Make sure the media stack corners are straight and sheets are aligned.
- Check the media edges and make sure that none are damaged or no sheets are locking together.
- Fan the media and check that nothing causes sheets to stick together.
|The type of media being used
- Verify from the printer’s User Guide whether the type of media is supported.
- If using cardstock or labels, verify whether the media meets all recommendations stated in the Cardstock & Label guide.
LEGACY ID: SO7160