You may improve fax-send performance by increasing the number of redial attempts (Automatic Redial), and increasing the time between redials (Redial Frequency), if any of the following symptoms are observed.
- Failure to send a fax to one particular location.
- Failure to send a fax to an often busy remote fax machine.
- Failure to send to a problematic (or not always available) fax machine.
- Yourtransmission log displays a 903error. This error indicates a busy tone is detected on the remote fax machine.
- Your transmission log displays a 905error. This error indicates a timeout occurred after dialing a number and waiting for a response.
How to change "Automatic Redial" and "Redial Frequency
Method 1: Control Panel
This method is preferred if the device is not on the network.
Click on the MENU button.
Click the down-arrow and click on SETTINGS when visible.
Click on the FAX SETTINGS.
Select ANALOG FAX SETUP.
Click on FAX SEND SETTINGS.
Locate the Automatic Redial and Redial Frequency settings.
Use the right and left menu buttons to change these values.
Click on SUBMIT.
NOTE: Up to 9 redials every 200 minutes is possible. Be careful when adjusting the redial frequency value since this could cause the opposite effect.
Method 2: MFP's web page
This method is preferred if the device is on the network and you are not near the machine.
Obtain the printer's TCP/IP address.
Open your web browser.
In the URL field, type <MFP's IP_ADDRESS>, where IP_ADDRESS is the TCP/IP address of the printer.
Click on SETTINGS.
Click on FAX SETTINGS.
Click on ANALOG FAX SETUP.
Scroll down tothe Automatic Redial and Redial Frequency settings.
Increase or decrease values as needed.
Click on SUBMIT.
Still Need Help?
Please contact Lexmark Technical Support for additional assistance. NOTE: When calling for support, you will need to know your printer model type and serial number (SN).
Please call from near the printer in case the technician on the phone asks you to perform a task involving the printer.
LEGACY ID: HO3668