When you print a document, a crease or fold appears, starting from the top of the page and then going to the bottom of the sheet. Once the pages have been expanded or stretched, the toner easily comes off.
|Folds in paper causing irregular lines in print|
Several printer system factors could potentially lead to this issue. Review the potential factors below to determine the recommended action required to resolve the print defect.
- Non-genuine Lexmark Supplies / Refilled Cartridges / ‘Compatible’ Supplies
- Media construction and quality as some media is not intended for laser printing devices (material, grain direction and weight can impact performance)
- 80.xx Maintenance Kit Messages (Need to purchase and replace the MAINTENANCE KIT ,which contains the fuser and other components)
- Loose toner inside the printer
Still need help?
If you need additional assistance, please go to the Lexmark support site, type your printer model and locate Get in Touch with Lexmark! for contact information.
NOTE: When calling for support, you will need the following:
- Printer model
- Printer serial number
- Toner/imaging unit/waste toner bottle part number and serial number (for supply-related issues)
Please be near the product/s described in this article to expedite the support process and reduce callbacks.
LEGACY ID: TE695