This article describes the following Confidential Print or Print and Hold functions:
- Confidential activation methods:
Confidential Print activation via (Windows XP)
Back to top
Confidential Print activation via the
|1||Open your document. Select File and Print.|
Windows 7 system driver example.
From the application’s print dialog window, make sure the proper printer or print queue is selected, and then select Properties.
Click on Other Options.
Select from anyone of the Print and Hold options: Confidential, Verify, Reserve or Repeat Print.
- Reserve print - Allows users to store print jobs on the printer for retrieval at a later time.
- Repeat print - Immediately prints the job and then stores it within the printer’s memory for additional copies, or retrieval at a later date.
- Verifyprint - Allows users to print one sample copy of a multi-set print job for proofing, and then allows other copies to be released afterwards.
Enter a User name.
Enter a four-digit PIN (Personal Identification Number) which is required to release the print job for printing.
|8||Click OK repeatedly until the print job is sent to the printer.|
- Step 2 - If you don’t see Properties, look for Preferences, Options, or Setup.
- Step 4 - Depending on the driver version, you may need to select Print and Hold after Other Options.
- Step 5 -
The printer may purge stored jobs if printer memory resources become low. A hard drive can prevent this.
- Step 6 - This name appears on the printer control panel under "Held Jobs" and distinguishes your jobs from other users' jobs in the workplace.
- Step 7 - Jobs with same PIN will be displayed on the printer operator panel and PINs cannot be recovered if lost. You will have to resend the print job with a different PIN.
- Print jobs held at the printer are lost if the device is powered off or after 24 hours have elapsed.
- Again, "Keep duplicate documents" appends a number to the filename to differentiate between documents having the same file name that are sent to the printer.
Back to top
Selecting a Confidential Print Job on
Press Held Jobs.
Press the right-arrow button next to the User name entered in Step 5 above.
Press the right arrow button next to Confidential Jobs.
Enter the four-digit PIN you gave in Step 5 or 7 above.
Note: As you enter your PIN, asterisks appear to ensure confidentiality.
Select the required print job* from the alphabetical list. Press the right arrow.
Select # of copies, Print or Delete options.
*Selecting Print All in Step 5 will print the documents in alphabetical order and not First In, First Out (FIFO).
Selecting a Confidential Print Job:
|1||Press until Held Jobs is highlighted. Press .|
|2||Press next to your User name.|
|3||Press next to Confidential Jobs.|
|4||Enter the four-digit PIN.|
|5||Press to select a particular document, or select either Print All or Delete All Confidential Jobs as required.|
Back to top
Still Need Help?
Please contact Lexmark Technical Support for additional assistance. NOTE: When calling in for support, you will need the printer model type and serial number (SN).
Please call from near the printer and a computer in case the technician asks you to perform a task involving one of these devices.
LEGACY ID: HO2855