|EWS Setting||Purpose||Configuration Selections Available|
|Display Language||Adjusts user interface layout for user interface and web page.|
* Chinese font card required for operation.
- Simplified Chinese*
|Keyboard||Adjusts MFP keyboard layout. |
- Keyboard languages similar to above.
- Two configurable Custom keyboard keys.
|Paper Sizes||Determines default paper sizes based on geography.|
|Show initial prompts||Configures the MFP to show initial setup prompts after the device is powered on. |
Note: After the setup wizard on the device has completed, this setting defaults to No.
|Displayed information||Allow user to determine what is displayed in the upper left- and right-hand corners of the user interface.||Selections for both left- and right-hand corner of the MFP user interface:|
- IP Address
- Contact Name
- mDNS/DDNS Service Name
- Zero Configuration Name
- Custom Text 1 (User controlled)
- Custom Text 2 (User controlled)
|Date Format||Specifies displayed date format based on the geographical location.|
|Time Format||Specifies displayed time format for 12 or 24 hour clock.|
- 12 hour A.M./P.M.
- 24 hour clock
|General Defaults||Sets certain default printer parameters based on the geographical location.|| Settings affected: |
- Tray defaults: Letter-to- A4
- Manual Envelope (10 Envelope-to- DL Envelope)
- Default MP Feeder Paper Size: Letter- to-A4
- Original copy size: Letter-to-A4
- Original fax send size: Letter-to-A4
- Original E-mail Size:
- Original FTP size
- Universal Units-of-Measure (mm- to-inches)
- Date Time Format: MM-DD-YYYY-to-DD-MM-YYYY
|Screen Brightness||Adjusts the brightness of the LCD on the control panel.|
|Show Bookmarks||This setting allows or prevents the viewing of bookmarks.|| Refer to the following articles for more information about bookmarks: |
- xref_HO3029_xref for information about the creation of bookmarks.
- xref_HO3032_xref for information about the selection of bookmarks.
|Allow Background Removal||This setting allows or prevents the filtering of background images or artifacts when performing a scan. ||Note: The option of background removal is not removed from the menu in many instances; if you notice no change in the appearance of scanned output, this may be the cause. |
|Allow Custom Job Scans||This setting allows or prevents job stacking or building.||Custom Job example:10 bill of lading pages scanned from auto document feeder; 10 book pages scanned from flatbed; 10 pages scanned from accounts receivable.|
|Scanner Jam Recovery||Determines if the MFP recovers an entire print job or just the affected page of the print job when a scanner jam occurs.|
|Web Page Refresh Rate||Determines how often the web page refreshes to reveal tray status or other printer notifications on the remote status screen.|
- Range: 30 - 300 seconds
|Asset Tag||Personal identification of the device.|
- ~32 character limit
- Accessed via Reports > Device Information
|Contact Name||Space provided for contact information in the event that a user cannot determine the cause of an intervention condition.|
- ~70 character limit
- Viewable via the EWS under IP address and Location.
|Location||Additional identifier to use when describing the MFP location.|
- ~63 character limit
- Viewable via the EWS under IP address.
|LAA*||Allows for local administration of the MAC/UAA hardware address (required in certain networking environments).|
|Printer Language||An exclusive EWS feature that forces one printer language over the other. |
- PCL emulation
- PostScript emulation is available for incoming host communications and is useful for determining printing anomalies in multi-emulation printing environments.
|Print Area||An exclusive EWS feature that modifies the logical and physical printable area.|
Note: The Whole Page setting only affects pages printed using the PCL 5 interpreter. This setting has no effect on pages printed using the PCL XL (PCL 6) or PostScript interpreters. Click here for additional information.
- Fit to Page
- Whole Page
|Download Target||Fonts, macros, overlays, watermarks and other resources will be targeted for RAM, flash or hard drive.|
Note: Flash and Disk will only be available if the disk is formatted and not Read/Write protected. Click here for additional information.
- Hard Drive (Disk)
|Resource Save||An exclusive EWS feature that saves frequently accessed fonts, macros and other resources.|| If On is selected, 38 Memory Full may appear as you reach the maximum save limit as determined by total MFP memory allocation resources. Click here for additional information. |
|Banner Page||An exclusive EWS feature that allows you to enable the printing of banner pages. The banner page displays the following Job Information: |
Note: Banner page information is dependent upon printing protocol and application considerations.
- Job owner or port number
- Host operating system or protocol
- File name
- Job source
- Queue name
- MFP audible alerts for intervention conditions (Single),
- Toner low audible alerts (Off).
- Single (three short beeps)
- Continuous (three short beeps every 10 seconds)
|Timeouts and Print Recovery||Multiple timeout settings control the following: |
- Standby Mode
- Power Saver Mode (45 min)
- ScreenTimeout (30 sec)
- Print Timeout (90 sec)
- Wait Timeout (40 sec)
- Network Job Timeout (90 sec)Note: Time before TCP/IP port closure.
|Click here for further details.|
|Schedule Hours of operation|| Additional power and time saving control on the MFP. |
Example: If configured to Wake Device in the morning, the MFP will come out of power save mode in the morning, perform its calibration(s) and be ready to print.
- Actions: Wake Device or Enter Power Saver
- Time: 12-hour or 24-hour format
- Day(s): Monday - Friday