If the 271.43 or 271.49 error continues to occur each time you try to print, the output option may need to be replaced.
If you wish to diagnose this issue further, try one or more of the following suggestions before arranging a service call:
- If you are not already doing so, try printing on plain copy paper. Doing this will eliminate any special print media as the cause of the issue.
- Try printing to the standard output bin (the one built into the printer). If printing to the standard output bin works correctly, you can choose to use it until you can arrange service on, or a swap of, the output option.
Note: If you remove the option, remember to have the printer powered off when you do so.
- If you have an additional output option of the same type available, or an extra printer with the same model, you can try exchanging them as a test. Important! Remember to have the printer powered off whenever you remove or install an output option to prevent an error message from appearing.
- If a second output option works correctly, the original output option will need to be replaced. If the printer/option is still covered under warranty, please contact Lexmark Technical Support or a local authorized service provider to set up service or a replacement of the option.
- If the paper jam message continues to occur with the second option installed, or if the output option was replaced through service and the jamming issue continues, there may be an issue on the base printer that will require a service action. Please contact Lexmark Technical Support for additional assistance.
- If you don’t have an extra second output option, remove the output option and try installing it with another printer with the same model. If the option works fine when installed on another printer, there may be an issue on the base printer that will require a service action. Please contact Lexmark Technical Support for additional assistance.