The following are required before you can proceed with installation and setup of the the MarkNet N8050:
- MarkNet 8050 Internal Wireless Print Server*
- An existing wireless network
- Any printer compatible with the MarkNet N8050 wireless print server.
- Supplied MarkNet N8050 Utilities CD which contains:
- Lexmark Wireless Setup Utility** and
- IP Configuration Utility
- A USB cable connected between printer and active PC on the wireless network
- The PC should be running one of the following operating systems:
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Windows XP Professional x64 edition
- Windows 2000 Server, Windows Advanced Server, Windows DataCenter Server, Windows Server 2003
- Windows Server standard 2003 x64 edition
* The terms Print Server, Network Interface Card and Internal Network Adapter are often used interchangeably.** The Wireless Setup Utility is not required, but is highly recommended.Network Settings Requirements
The following settings can typically be obtained through the wireless router web page, the computer's wireless card web page, or from the network administrator:
- Network Name, also known as SSID (Service Set ID)
- BSS (Basic Service Set) type - Infrastructure or Ad-Hoc
- Wireless Channel Number (Required for Ad - Hoc)
- Network authentication and encryption type
- Security Key(s)
- Signed Certificate or CA Certificate NOTE: For an explanation of these terms, click xref_FA144_xref to access the Wireless Glossary.
|If configuring MarkNet N8050 using... ||Then...|
|Wizard Mode||Click xref_HO2398_xref.|
|Advanced Mode||Click xref_HO2788_xref.|
|Manual Configuration - printer's operator panel||Click xref_HO2803_xref.|
You can find detailed setup instructions and a User's Guide on support.lexmark.com by selecting the MarkNet N8050 print server and clicking on the Manuals tab. You will also find additional information under View Documentation on the MarkNet N8050 Utilities CD.
Still Need Help?
Please contact Lexmark Technical Support for additional assistance. NOTE: When you call for service, you will be asked for the printer model type and serial number. Please call from near the computer and printer in case the technician asks you to perform a task involving one of these devices.
LEGACY ID: HO2769