What you will see:
- Files will not save to their LDAP Home Directory or other network-shared folder.
- Log entry indicates “Error in Scan to Network: Unknown error = -1073741819”.
- A corresponding entry at the same time in the Event Viewer application log for the program tisfile.exe; this is a component necessary for all Scan-to-Network file operations.
All domain users need to have read/write/delete access to the c:\Program Files\Lexmark\Solutions directory.
NOTE: The drive letter may vary based on selected installation path for the LDD software, its associated subdirectories, and files.
IT teams will also need to ensure these permissions are granted and no additional OU or Domain policies are overriding these access privileges.
To confirm this configuration:
- Navigate to this folder.
- Right-click on the Solutions directory folder and choose Properties.
- On the Security tab, you will see the list of users and their permissions to the folder.
- Look for the presence of CREATOR OWNER and USERS “roles” listed as shown here:
It is a frequent observation that users simply do not have the required access to the necessary folders on the Lexmark LDD servers(s) to create the temporary files used during Scan to Network operations.
Still need help?
If you need additional assistance, please close this window, go to your product's support page and locate Get In Touch with Lexmark! for contact information.
NOTE: In order to expedite the support process, please be prepared to provide information regarding your issue, e.g., name and version of solution, problem description, and affected printer models.
Please be near the products described in this article to expedite the support process and reduce call-back situations.
LEGACY ID: SO7628