Adjusts user interface layout for user interface and web page.
- Simplified Chinese*
* Chinese font card required for operation.
Adjusts MFP keyboard layout.
- Keyboard languages similar to above.
- Two configurable Custom keyboard keys.
Determines default paper sizes based on geography.
Show initial prompts
Configures the MFP to show initial setup prompts after the device is powered on.
Note: After the setup wizard on the device has completed, this setting defaults to No.
Allow user to determine what is displayed in the upper left- and right-hand corners of the user interface.
Selections for both left- and right‑ hand corner of the MFP user interface:
- IP Address
- Contact Name
- mDNS/DDNS Service Name
- Zero Configuration Name
- Custom Text 1 (User controlled)
- Custom Text 2 (User controlled)
Specifies displayed date format based on the geographical location.
Specifies displayed time format for 12 or 24 hour clock.
- 12 hour A.M./P.M.
- 24 hour clock
Sets certain default printer parameters based on the geographical location.
- Tray defaults: Letter-to- A4
- Manual Envelope (10 Envelope-to- DL Envelope)
- Default MP Feeder Paper Size: Letter- to-A4
- Original copy size: Letter-to-A4
- Original fax send size: Letter-to-A4
- Original E-mail Size:
- Original FTP size
- Universal Units-of-Measure (mm- to-inches)
- Date Time Format: MM-DD-YYYY-to-DD-MM-YYYY
Adjusts the brightness of the LCD on the control panel.
This setting allows or prevents the viewing of bookmarks.
Allow Background Removal
This setting allows or prevents the filtering of background images or artifacts when performing a scan.
Note: The option of background removal is not removed from the menu in many instances; if you notice no change in the appearance of scanned output, this may be the cause.
Allow Custom Job Scans
This setting allows or prevents job stacking or building.
Custom Job example:10 bill of lading pages scanned from auto document feeder; 10 book pages scanned from flatbed; 10 pages scanned from accounts receivable.
Scanner Jam Recovery
Determines if the MFP recovers an entire print job or just the affected page of the print job when a scanner jam occurs.
Web Page Refresh Rate
Determines how often the web page refreshes to reveal tray status or other printer notifications on the remote status screen.
- Range: 30 - 300 seconds
Personal identification of the device.
- ~32 character limit
- Accessed via Reports > Device Information
Space provided for contact information in the event that a user cannot determine the cause of an intervention condition.
- ~70 character limit
- Viewable via the EWS under IP address and Location.
Additional identifier to use when describing the MFP location.
- ~63 character limit
- Viewable via the EWS under IP address.
Allows for local administration of the MAC/UAA hardware address (required in certain networking environments).
An exclusive EWS feature that forces one printer language over the other.
- PCL emulation
- PostScript emulation is available for incoming host communications and is useful for determining printing anomalies in multi-emulation printing environments.
An exclusive EWS feature that modifies the logical and physical printable area.
- Fit to Page
- Whole Page
Note: The Whole Page setting only affects pages printed using the PCL 5 interpreter. This setting has no effect on pages printed using the PCL XL (PCL 6) or PostScript interpreters. Click here for additional information.
Fonts, macros, overlays, watermarks and other resources will be targeted for RAM, flash or hard drive.
- Hard Drive (Disk)
Note: Flash and Disk will only be available if the disk is formatted and not Read/Write protected. Click here for additional information.
An exclusive EWS feature that saves frequently accessed fonts, macros and other resources.
If On is selected, 38 Memory Full may appear as you reach the maximum save limit as determined by total MFP memory allocation resources.
Click here for additional information.
An exclusive EWS feature that allows you to enable the printing of banner pages. The banner page displays the following Job Information:
- Job owner or port number
- Host operating system or protocol
- File name
- Job source
- Queue name
Note: Banner page information is dependent upon printing protocol and application considerations.
- MFP audible alerts for intervention conditions (Single),
- Toner low audible alerts (Off).
- Single (three short beeps)
- Continuous (three short beeps every 10 seconds)
Timeouts and Print Recovery
Multiple timeout settings control the following:
- Standby Mode
- Power Saver Mode (45 min)
- ScreenTimeout (30 sec)
- Print Timeout (90 sec)
- Wait Timeout (40 sec)
- Network Job Timeout (90 sec)Note: Time before TCP/IP port closure.
Click here for further details.
Schedule Hours of operation
Additional power and time saving control on the MFP.
- Actions: Wake Device or Enter Power Saver
- Time: 12-hour or 24-hour format
- Day(s): Monday - Friday
Example: If configured to Wake Device in the morning, the MFP will come out of power save mode in the morning, perform its calibration(s) and be ready to print.