The Universal Printer Driver (UPD) white paper explains the following:
Click here to download the UPD 1.4 white paper.
- What is it?
- Supported operating systems
- Supported printers and MFPs
- Connectivity and supported network port monitors
- Supported paper sizes
- Language support
- Installation tips
- Printer peripherals and driver recognition of those peripherals
- Further explanation of some driver settings
Click here for the latest UPD 1.5 white paper.
Added Driver Features
Features originally added to UPD 1.4:
Now! New additional features and improvements added to UPD 1.5:
- PostScript level 3 UPD includes driver-fax capabilities
- Phonebook feature for easy contact look-ups.
- 1200 dpi resolution
- Custom paper sizes
- Print as black
- Advance finisher options
- PostScript level 3 transparent watermark
- Pixel boost
- 2009 product device support
- Update Microsoft re-distributable core driver (UNIDRV & PSCRIPT)
- Plug-and-Play capabilities
- Travel print
- PCL XL emulation
- RFID support in PCL5 emulation for Lexmark RFID-capable devices
- Enhancements in 'watermark' support in PCL 5
- Bi-directional capability for USB ports
- Improved (rotation and location) staple functionality
- Improved LPT1 copy functions
- Duplex/envelope printing enhancements
- Improved "Last Page First" behavior
For more information on these new features, download the UPD1.5 whitepaper.
Please contact Lexmark Technical Support if you need additional assistance.
NOTE: When calling for support, you will be asked for your machine/model type and serial number (SN).
Please call from near the printer in case the technician on the phone asks you to perform a task involving the printer.
LEGACY ID: SO4697