This article lists the recommendations / best practices when doing firmware update in MVE.
Recommendations in updating firmware in MVE
- It is recommended to group devices by location, tagging the devices with a keyword, and then creating a saved search.
- Limit the number of devices to a maximum of 500, and to less 500 devices if network bandwidth is an issue.
- Take into consideration network constraints.
- Split enforcement times, especially for large fleets.
- Schedule enforcement to occur during network down time.
- Run Conformance after a scheduled firmware update. This is to ensure that the firmware update is successful.
When sending the firmware configuration, MVE will track the percentage of the .fls file being sent to ensure complete delivery. However, once the file reaches its destination MVE will likely timeout waiting for the printer to program and reboot.
Therefore, MVE will report the conformance state of the device as unknown.
NOTE: Any error after it reaches the device may be either hardware or firmware in nature.
- Devices with DLE firmware should be grouped by themselves.
NOTE: To update DLE firmware, users should use the Deploy file to a device instead of configuration enforcements. MVE does not protect devices that have DLE firmware from being flashed with standard firmware.
Still need help?
If you need additional assistance, please go to the Lexmark support site, type your printer model and locate Get in Touch with Lexmark! for contact information.
NOTE: When calling for support, you will need the following:
- Name and version of the solution
- Affected printer model/s
- Printer serial number
Please be near the product/s described in this article to expedite the support process and reduce callbacks.
LEGACY ID: SO7560