ENUS31447What you will see
The printer is experiencing repeated paper feed or jamming issues whenever you print on envelopes. Recommended actions
Try the following suggestions:
Contacting Lexmark Technical Support
- Make sure you are loading the envelopes into theMultipurpose Feeder (MPF) that is located on the front of the prin ter, andnot into a paper tray. The MPF is shown in the picture below. For a larger image, click here.
- Make sure not to overload the MPF tray. The envelope stack should remain below the red area of the tray level indicator. This is shown in the picture below.
- Make sure that the left and right side guides are resting gently against the sides of the envelope stack. The guides should be holding the envelope stack in place bu t not putting pressure on the envelopes.
- Do not place the envelope stack too far inside the printer.You should feel resistance when the leading edge of the envelopes reaches the end of the MPF tray. At that point, the envelopes are fully and correctly installed. Do not attempt to press the paper stack further into the machine. Doing so may cause the printer to not feed the envelopes correctly.
- Ensure that the edges of the envelope are flat. Envelopes that are not tightly creased at the folds often results in edges getting jammed within the paper path.
- Replace the envelopes with new envelopes from an unopened box. NOTE: Envelopes that have been exposed to the environment for an extended period of time absorb moisture from the air. This can cause the envelope to curl as it feeds through the printer, thereby increasing the chances of a paper jam.
- If you are printing on any special type of envelope stock, try printing on standard plain paper envelopes to see if you get the same result.
- If the paper feed issue continues to occur after trying all of these suggestions, the feed rollers for the MPF may need to be replaced. Please contact Lexmark Technical Support or a local authorized service provider for assistance.
If you have questions about any of the steps above, or if you require assistance in setting up warranty service, please contactLexmark Technical Sup port.When calling Technical Support, describe the problem you are experiencing, as well as any troubleshooting steps you have already taken. Please also make a note of the printer's model type and serial number (SN). This information can be found on one of two labels. One label is located on the inside of the front cover, the other is on the back of the printer.for further details. Please make your call from near the printer, in case the technician on the phone asks you to perform a troubleshooting task.