This article explains how to install the Application List Manager software.
xref_HO3695_xref for other Application List Manager topics.
Any of the following MFPs can utilize this push-scan method:
- Lexmark X20x* Series MFPs
- X26x Series MFPs
- X36x Series MFPs
- X54x Series MFPs
*An x – denotes any number within a given model series.
Before you begin
- You must have a USB-connected printer.
- You must have the printer's installation CD or have downloaded the full System Administrators Driver Package.
- If your printer is connected to a network, then consider the other scan methods listed in this table.
|Network Scan Methods...||And understand these requirements...|
- Network TWAIN
- Scan Profile
- Scanback Utility
- WSD Scanning (X548 only)
|Method||What you'll need...||To get you started...|
1. An installed Network TWAIN scan driver
2. Any TWAIN compatible application
Consider when performing OCR functions.
- Reinstall the Driver CD and make sure you select Network TWAIN Driver under the Custom Installation path.
- Download the full System Administrators Driver Package.
- Download the specific Network/USB TWAIN Package.
1. The printer's IP address
2. The ability to access the printer's Web Page
xref_HO3459_xref for an example.
Consider when performing quick image-type scans.
|Scanback Utility||1. The printers IP address|
2. The installation of the Scanback Utility
xref_HO328_xref for an example.
You can download the Scanback Utility from support.lexmark.com if you do not have the original driver CD equipped with the printer.
Consider whether you prefer a client-based application for initiating image-type scans.
|WSD||A printer that supports WSD|
xref_HO3780_xref for an example.
Consider if you have a new generation MFP that supports this new scan method.
How to install the Application List Manager
Insert your CD or download, extract and run the full system administrator's driver package.
Follow the instructions as they appear on the screen.
When you get the Select Components: section of the installation, place a checkmark next to USB Scan Driver.
Also, verify that a checkmark is next to Enhanced Communications System. Click here for illustration.
You should now see the application available under the Lexmark program group.
Click here for illustration.
Default installation path
Still Need Help?
If you are unable to find any solutions, please contact Lexmark Technical Support for additional assistance.
NOTE: When calling in for support, you will need the printer model/machine type and serial number (SN).
Please call from near the printer and computer in case the technician on the phone asks you to perform a task involving one of these devices.
LEGACY ID: HO3815