Card stock is heavy, single‑ply specialty media. Many of its variable characteristics, such as moisture content, thickness, and texture, can significantly affect print quality.
- From the printer control panel, set the paper size, type, texture, and weight in the Paper menu to match the card stock loaded in the tray.
- Print samples on the card stock being considered for use before buying large quantities.
- Specify the paper texture and weight from the tray settings to match the paper loaded in the tray.
- Preprinting, perforation, and creasing may significantly affect the print quality and cause jams or other paper feed problems.
- Before loading the card stock on the tray, flex and fan the card stock to loosen them. Straighten the edges on a level surface.