Note: This feature is available only in network printers or printers connected to print servers.
If the printer is installed on a network, then you can use the Embedded Web Server to do the following:
- View the virtual display of the printer control panel.
- Check the status of the printer supplies.
- Configure supply notifications.
- Configure printer settings.
- Configure network settings.
- View reports.
To access the Embedded Web Server for your printer:
Obtain the printer IP address:
- From the TCP/IP section in the Network/Ports menu
- By printing a network setup page or menu settings page, and then finding the TCP/IP section
- An IP address appears as four sets of numbers separated by periods, such as 220.127.116.11.
- If you are using a proxy server, then temporarily disable it to load the Web page correctly.
Open a Web browser, and then type the printer IP address in the address field.
The Embedded Web Server page appears.