This article will discuss the proper functionality of the printer's main fan.
Proper Fan Operation
The printer's fan has to run at various times to cool down the machine, and in a hot environment it will have to run more often than otherwise. It is NORMAL for the fan to run:
- Briefly during startup.
- At all times during printing. Revolutions per minute (RPM) will vary based on the print job's length.
- The exact time the fan will continue to run after the printer finishes a print job varies as this will depend on the environment and the length of recent print jobs. The fan will run until the printer reaches a safe internal temperature.
Abnormal Fan Operation
It is NOT NORMAL for the fan to run:
- When the printer is in sleep mode (screen off, sleep button lit).
- When the printer is in idle mode (printer in "Ready" state), unless the printer is in a very warm environment.
- When the printer is in an error state (i.e., paper jam). The printer should act the same as it does in idle mode.
If the printer's fan is running too often, please update to the latest firmware.
Download the latest firmware for your printer
Go to support.lexmark.com.
Type your printer model in the “Enter Product Name” field and click OR click on the picture of the correct printer model shown.
Locate the “Downloads” tab.
Select the version of the Operating System.
Click the link available under "Firmware".
Once you have the latest firmware, proceed with the next section for information on how to perform the update.
How to update the firmware
Select any of the method below to flash the latest firmware on your printer.
|Firmware Flash Methods||Information|
|Embedded Web Server (EWS) Recommended||Open a browser and enter the IP address of the printer. Select Settings > Update Firmware.|
|USB utility||xref_SO4667_xref for the detailed steps.|
|USB thumb drive||xref_HO3453_xref for the detailed steps.|
|FTP||xref_HO487_xref for the detailed steps.|
|Printer File Loader (USB-Macintosh)||xref_HO3465_xref for the detailed steps.|
Important! If the issue persists or if you are having difficulties performing the update, please contact Lexmark Technical Support.
Note: Try setting the device's sleep timer to one minute to keep the machine cooler when it is not printing.
|2||If the fan on your device is turning on more often than it should, please contact Lexmark Technical Support.|
Please contact Lexmark Technical Support if you need additional assistance.
NOTE: When calling for support, you will be asked for your machine/model type and serial number (SN). If you need help locating your printer's model type and serial number, How to Locate the Serial Number, TLI, Config ID, and Machine Type on a Lexmark CS310, CS410, CS510, CX310, CX410, and CX510.
Please call from near the printer in case the technician on the phone asks you to perform a task involving the printer.
LEGACY ID: SO7406