Access the SE Menu and attempt to capture hostsend.html debug information.
Is a 900 RIP error displayed on the MFP?
Take note of the result and proceed to the next action item.
Access the MFP web page and go to Configuration > Fax Settings > Analog Fax Setup > Fax Forwarding. Change the setting from Forward to Print and then power cycle the MFP (switch it off and back on).
Does this clear the fax queue?
Understand that all faxes will be printed a s a result of the setting change, but at least they will not be permanently lost.
If possible, find out if one or more of the sender(s) received a successful send confirmation in their transmission log.
Did the sender receive a successful send confirmation?
- If yes, see the next action item below.
- If no, another type of issue may be indicated.
Call Lexmark Technical Support for additional diagnosis and be prepared to provide the information specified in the last Action recommendation in this table.
Capture any email or firewall logging information that may contain or depict a message similar to "TCP packet out of state: First packet is not SYNtcp-flags: RST-ACK."
Were you able to find this information?
- If yes, please contact Lexmark Technical Support for a code update that resolves this issue. NOTE: Make sure you inform the technician of any DLEs such as Bar Code, IPDS, Printcryption, or Prescribe as these options are code-sensitive.
- If no, see the next action item.
Take note of any suspect logging information.
Perform the following:
- -Capture a network trace. xref_HO3398_xref for more information.
- -Perform an optional telnet SMTP test from a nearby computer. Click here for more information.
- -Capture all error information displayed on the touch-screen or printed from the MFP.
- -Capture the Menu Settings pages.
Submit these results to Lexmark Technical Support for further evaluation and diagnosis.
Be prepared to provide additional information if requested by the technician or Lexmark's engineering staff.